Smoothies are my go to quick snack or breakfast when I have little time. Surely as a mom and wife I too have a busy schedule yet want to maintain my health and prevent any energy dips. I made myself some promises regarding a healthy lifestyle. Number 1: I never (well never say never) skip breakfast. That’s the most important rule (rules sound horrible but hey, you gotta give yourself some boundaries). When you skip breakfast, what literally means -break the fast- from all the hours of sleep (average 6-8 hours), your body is in survival mode. In other words it stores fats and calories because the engine is not receiving any fuel (food!) Having breakfast within an hour of waking boost your metabolism, getting that engine going and encourage your body to burn more calories the rest of the day. So as for tomorrow, don’t skip your breakfast. With this easy delicious smoothie you don’t have to. No time? I got you covered as you can prepare this the night before and store the smoothie in a jar or bottle. Not hungry? It’s liquid, who doesn’t love a drink? 😉 Give it a try and I would love to hear from you.
- 1-2 chopped bananas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups of fresh kale (stalks removed)
- 2 cups cashew milk (any milk will do)
- 1 tbsp chia or flaxseeds
- 1 cup ice cubes
- topped with goji berries and bee pollen
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and top with more seeds or goji berries and bee pollen for those extra vitamins.