Pasta is such a great invention don’t you think? Not to mention, Rocco is a big fan of pasta. He loves them in all shapes and variations, even when it’s a bit spicy with some dried chili flakes, he is such an Asian! You just can’t go wrong with it, everybody loves it and it’s easy to make and it needs little preparation. From very few ingredients such as garlic, chili and olive oil you can already create the amazing Aglio E Olio. Or a light option made with only fresh basil leaves, garlic and cherry tomatoes. A downside of a good plate of pasta, is that it is so easy to go for a second…or third round. With this recipe I guarantee you will go for at least the second round. Buon Appetito!
Tomato Fettuccine With Crab, Scallop & Eggplant
Serves 4-6 portions
- 500 gram whole wheat fettuccine pasta
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 800 gram tomato passata sauce, using fresh tomatoes or pre packed in a jar or carton box
- 300 gram fresh crab meat
- 200 gram fresh scallops
- 1 large eggplant or 2 small ones, chopped in small chunks
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- olive or coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon cut in parts to garnish
Cook fettuccine in boiling water until al dente. Drain. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add eggplant until soften for about 3 minutes. Stir in wine and cook for 1 minute. Add passata sauce. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Add fresh crab meat and scallops and stir to coat well with sauce. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until seafood is just cooked. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon parts and some extra parsley.