It’s the dressing what makes a good salad. It’s the gravy over the mashed potato that makes you go for a second round. It’s this awesome pungent sauce over baked salmon that put this recipe on repeat!
In our household we try to eat at least once a week salmon, especially the kids love it. This recipe is born from pantry and basic ingredients. It taste like tropical South East Asian flavours and a hint of Japanese umami. The perfect combo isn’t?
Go try this out yourself! Happy cooking!
- 1 tablespoons tamari
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha (optional)
- 1 pound / 500 gram fresh salmon
- chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- - Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- - To make the sauce, whisk together chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, fish sauce, ginger, lime juice and Sriracha in a small bowl; set aside.
- - Place salmon onto prepared baking sheet and fold up all 4 sides of the foil. Spoon the chili sauce mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, covering completely and sealing the packet closed.
- - Place into oven and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- - Serve immediately, garnished with peanuts and cilantro, if desired