Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Who else needs a pick me up treat at 4 pm? Just something with a hint of sweetness, not overly sweet, and nothing of the overly processed, high saturated fat and corn syrup filled junk. No, I’m talking about real food, a snack or treat that is nourishing, delicious, satiating, creamy and oh so finger licking yummy! Hands down these peanut butter protein balls are the best you will ever have.
There’re lots of other recipes out there, but nothing beats these easy balls. The peanut butter reminds me of my childhood, you know the time when you spooned out the bottom of the peanut butter jar. But besides that, it’s packed with good fats, vitamin E, and magnesium. Please stick to the natural 100% peanut butter or any other nut butter you have on hand. The sticky dates give you that little hint of natural subtle sweetness, it regulates cholesterol, warm spices like vanilla and cinnamon are great for digestion, rich in antioxidants and fight inflammation and cacao nibs for potassium and that extra crunch and texture.
Are you ready for these babies? Let’s make them!
- 1 cup rolled oats or almond pulp from your homemade almond milk, zero waste!
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup natural, peanut butter
- 2-3 Medjool dates
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder/extract
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil (omit when using fresh almond pulp)
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
drizzleof coconut butter (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until everything is well combined and mixture sticks together like dough.
- If the mixture is too wet, add more oats. If the mixture is too dry, add a splash of water or more peanut butter.
- Use an ice cream scoop for each ball or a regular tablespoon
- Scoop the mixture and form into balls with the palms of your hands
- Roll them in shredded coconut
- Drizzle the coconut butter over the balls if using and sprinkle more cacao nibs on top
- Place balls into an airproof container or jar
- Place in the freezer up to 1 month or fridge up to 1 week