This post is especially created for all you moms out there: Hi Mommy!
This recipe is a milk booster energy ball to pump up your milk supply especially in those critical early days of feeding your newborn.
I’m a mom to 2 beautiful boys. I just go straight to the topic of breastfeeding these two. It wasn’t easy peasy. My first born saw the light through an unplanned cesarian birth. Not my ideal birth plan I can tell you. I hardly woke up from the recovery room and I had to learn to latch and breastfeed this new tiny human being. He was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. But boy, I thought I will never see my nipple in its original shape again.
Breastfeeding is definitely not something which comes naturally. It requires practise, patience, high pain tolerance and unconditional love. You are not in this alone if your momma didn’t teach you this. Only if you master these selfless traits you can sincerely enjoy this form of giving life and love to your child. Yet I have to tell you, it’s one of the many ways to love this perfect human being.
I was better in other ways. And that’s OK. I know that after 5 years. You’ll be just fine if you recognise yourself in my story. You must be wondering by now how long I eventually breastfed my child.
5 Beautiful weeks.
With my second child 5 Beautiful months.
If God grants me another child, it could be 5 years. Ok just kidding.
Ok I’m talking to much. Let’s dive into these amazing milk booster balls. You can have them as much as you want. These little gems are packed with all the supporting natural ingredients to make your liquid gold creamy, nourishing, sweet and hard to resist for your little human.
Fenugreek has been used to increase milk production since biblical times. The herb contains phytoestrogens, which are plant chemicals similar to the female sex hormone estrogen. A key compound, diosgenin, has been shown to increase milk flow.
Unfortunately this recipe is 5 years too late for me. But I hope from the bottom of my heart I can at least help 1 mommy who’s reading this.
Hang in there babe. You got this!
- 1 cup (Medjool) dates soaked in water for 15 min. (about 12 large or 24 small ones)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp fenugreek powder
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 cup almond meal (can be replaced by rolled oats)
- 1 cup shredded coconut + 2 tbsp for dressing
- Soak dates in filtered water for 15 minutes and allow to become soft.
- Add dates and coconut milk to food processor or in medium size mixing bowl if done manually and mix until it become a paste.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients: fenugreek powder, poppy seeds, almond meal and shredded coconut.
- Mix until it forms a thick sticky dough.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp of dough and form a ball and roll in shredded coconut.