3 Ingredient Mango Popsicles
It’s mango season here in Bali and that alone makes me and my kids the happiest people. Especially Rocco (6 years) is crazy about mangoes, he eats at least 1 whole mango all by himself every day. When in the season these golden God-send fruits are cheap, amazingly sweet, incredibly juicy and huge in size — truly nature’s candy! I’ve been using mangoes in all kinds of recipes. I made a mango chutney, mango sushi, mango raw cake, mango chia pudding and today I’ll be sharing the easiest 3 ingredient mango popsicles. If you have kids, you can ask them to help you make, this way they feel incredibly proud of themselves and they actually contribute, win-win if you ask me 😉
If you are having trouble feeding your kids extra fruits or vegetables, making popsicles is truly an amazing way to just sneak in those extra fruits or vegetables. Just sweeten things up with a banana, some stevia, dates, raw honey or maple syrup.
The secret in getting the creamiest ice cream or popsicles is to leave out liquids like water, it’s the liquid what makes it icy and frosty and not creamy. So I will suggest using as many fruits as possible and using yogurt to add the creaminess.
Enough talking, let’s start making the most delicious healthy popsicles!
- 2 medium-sized mangoes, cubed
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (optional, gives it an extra anti-inflammatory booster)
- ½ cup yogurt of choice, I used coconut yogurt
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until all is well combined.
- Pour the mixture in the popsicle molds and freeze for at least 6 hours or best overnight.
- Defrost for a minute and enjoy!
- It’s a great and healthy snack/dessert for both young and old.
- You can easily double or even triple the recipe to make more!